History of the Firm
Imperial Court Jeweler until 1917 to the Russian Tsars Alexander III (1845-1894) and his consort, Marie Fedorovna, and Nicholas II (1868-1918) and Alexandra Fedorovna
The House of Fabergé was founded in 1842 by Gustav Fabergé (1814-1893) in Pernau, Estonia. It blossomed under his son Carl Fabergé who took over the St. Petersburg family jewelry business in 1872. Branches in Moscow, Kiev, Odessa, and a sales-only branch in London (1903-1917) catered to elite clientele worldwide. The famous Easter eggs and decorative objects made between 1885 and 1917 are displayed in permanent and traveling museum exhibitions, are sold by reputable dealers and leading auction houses, and have been treasured by collectors for over a hundred years.
Reference Publications for Fabergé Enthusiasts
Auctions & Dealers
Audio-Visuals (1970 to the present)
Authentic Fabergé, Fauxbergé ... What Is It?
Bibliography (1930 to the present)
Collectors: An Almanach de Fabergé
Fabergé Research Newsletters | Current Issue
Imperial Egg Chronology | Imperial Egg Discoveries
Fabergé Research Newsletter
Christel Ludewig McCanless, Editor and Publisher
Fabergé and His Works: An Annotated Bibliography of the First Century of His Art, 1994
Fabergé Eggs: A Retrospective Encyclopedia, 2001 (co-author)